New Delhi: A complete lockdown has been announced in 19 states and union territories in India by the health ministry on Monday.
Other six states and Union Territories are under partial lockdown.
According to reports, 415 confirmed coronavirus cases have been reported so far, 23 patients have been discharged and seven deaths have occurred – some of them also had co-morbid conditions, said Lav Agarwal, joint secretary, Health Ministry in a press conference.
He also said that if all government decisions of curfew and shutdown are considered, the disease can be controlled in an effective manner.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing