Shillong: In view of the prevailing situation concerning COVID-19 in the country, the East Khasi Hills administration of Meghalaya has decided to impose Section 144 of the CrPC in the district with effect from 10 pm of March 23 till 5 am of March 26.
In its order, East Khasi Hills district magistrate (DM) M War Nongbri instructed that Section 144, which prohibits the assembly or gathering of five or more persons in all public areas, will be effective from Monday evening.
The order also prohibits the operation of all markets, commercial and financial establishments in the district. It also prohibits the operation of all forms of public transport.
The order, however, will not be applicable to the security forces and medical teams on duty. Pharmacies and all essential services, including health services, MeECL, PHE, PWD, police and armed forces, fire & emergency services, food and civil supply department, Shillong Municipal Board, telecom, telegraph & IT services, banks and ATMs, movement of vehicles carrying essential commodities, among others, will be exempted.
Members of print or electronic media will also be exempted from the purview of this order.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion