New Delhi: Indian Railway has suspended all the passenger trains, except goods trains till March 31, as the number of coronavirus cases crossed 300 on Saturday night.
According to reports, the Union ministry of railways has announced that minimum suburban services and Kolkata metro Rail services will continue to run on March 22, thereafter these services will also be stopped till March 31.
All passenger train services on Indian Railways including premium train services, mail/express trains, passenger trains, suburban trains, Kolkata Metro, Konkan Raiways, etc, will be cancelled till March 31, a statement said.
Only goods trains will run from March 22 midnight till March 31 midnight, says the Indian Railways. Passenger trains finishing their journey’s will be terminated at that point.
The Railways had earlier decided to cancel all passenger trains on today to support the Janta Curfew call given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The decision was taken in view of the fact that the demand for rail travel would be vastly reduced during the Janta Curfew.
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court