Guwahati: In the view of fallen demand due to the proposed Janta Curfew on Sunday, all local passenger trains originating between midnight of Saturday and Sunday [March 21 and 22] to 10 pm on Sunday have been cancelled, informed a press release by Northeast Frontier Railway on Saturday.
Moreover, all long-distance mail/ express and intercity trains originating between 4 am and 10 pm on Sunday will remain cancelled. However, trains already on run at 7 am on that day will continue to run to their respective destinations. Cancellations of trains are expected to restrict the spread of the virus, added the release.
It said, “It may be mentioned that NFR is taking all precautionary steps to discourage people from taking non-essential journeys and to encourage social distancing by the passengers for their safety to restrict the spread of the virus. Trains with low occupancy are already being cancelled.”
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands