New Delhi: A 38-year-old man with travel history to Qatar died of renal failure, taking the number of fatalities related to coronavirus aka COVID-19 to six in India.
According to reports, the deceased’s sample have tested positive for COVID-19. He dies at the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in Patna, Bihar on Saturday evening.
This is the first case of highly contagious COVID-19 reported from the state. The 38-year-old man is also probably the youngest person in the country to die due to COVID-19.
Two COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Patna so far, including the man who died. The second patient is currently undergoing treatment at Nalanda Medical College & Hospital (NMCH) in the city.
Earlier, a 63-year-old coronavirus patient died in Mumbai taking the death toll in Maharashtra to two.
- China says COVID-19 visa curbs against stranded Indians ‘appropriate’
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- NASA’s image of the ‘Hand of God’ in space has netizens baffled
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director
- Netflix: Coming of age series ‘Sex Education’ renewed for Season 4
- Boxing legend Mike Tyson to make Bollywood debut with ‘Liger’