Shillong: The transport department in Meghalaya has ordered that only 25% of local taxis or auto rickshaws will operate on Monday and Thursday.
In its order, it has directed that all local taxis (four-wheelers and three-wheelers) within the jurisdiction of East Khasi Hills, West Jaintia Hills and West Garo Hills districts will operate on March 23 and March 26.
It has been directed that local taxis or auto rickshaws will keep their taxis off road (shall not operate) on the following dates:
Tuesday, March 24; Wednesday, March 25; Friday, March 27; Saturday, March 28; and Sunday, March 29. Up to 100% of local taxis/ auto rickshaws in the entire state shall not operate and remain off road. Special permission for medical emergencies may be obtained from respective DTOs.
Here’s the arrangement/agreement between the DTO and taxi association: 25% of those with registration plates having odd numbers will ply on Monday and 25% with even numbers will ply on Thursday.
The order on the plying of public transport has been restricted and comes in the wake of the global COVID-19 threat. Preventive measures are being taken to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
- Over promise, under deliver: Cong’s dig at govt
- Assam: 71st Volleyball Nationals to start on Thursday
- Govt expects dividend of Rs 48,000 cr from RBI, PSU banks in FY24
- India, US ready to break down limits in defence cooperation: Experts
- Budget 2023: MGNREGS, Rural Ministry witness cut in allocations
- Two years after the military coup, Myanmar mired in bloody civil war