Shillong: The transport department in Meghalaya has ordered that only 25% of local taxis or auto rickshaws will operate on Monday and Thursday.
In its order, it has directed that all local taxis (four-wheelers and three-wheelers) within the jurisdiction of East Khasi Hills, West Jaintia Hills and West Garo Hills districts will operate on March 23 and March 26.
It has been directed that local taxis or auto rickshaws will keep their taxis off road (shall not operate) on the following dates:
Tuesday, March 24; Wednesday, March 25; Friday, March 27; Saturday, March 28; and Sunday, March 29. Up to 100% of local taxis/ auto rickshaws in the entire state shall not operate and remain off road. Special permission for medical emergencies may be obtained from respective DTOs.
Here’s the arrangement/agreement between the DTO and taxi association: 25% of those with registration plates having odd numbers will ply on Monday and 25% with even numbers will ply on Thursday.
The order on the plying of public transport has been restricted and comes in the wake of the global COVID-19 threat. Preventive measures are being taken to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP