Guwahati: To help address all the queries around COVID-19 outbreak, the government of India has launched an official chatbot named ‘MyGov Corona Helpdesk’ on the messaging app WhatsApp.
One can access the chatbot by sending a WhatsApp message to the number +91 9013151515. The idea is to have the right information at the touch of a button while preventing the spread of this pandemic across the country by following basic hygiene practices.
The chatbot has been developed by Jio Haptik free of cost, and updated on real time, as per instructions from NeGD and MyGov (both under MEITY).
The real-time updates will curb circulation of false information that can cause mass hysteria while educating the population about the present scenario. Equipped with verified data from the Union ministry of health, the chatbot can resolve FAQs pertaining to the novel coronavirus. This includes necessary precautionary measures, symptoms, correct & incorrect facts, helpline numbers, affected cases in the region, Government advisories (including travel), informational videos, etc.
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks