Guwahati: To dissuade non-essential travelling, Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) on Thursday cancelled 16 pairs of trains till March 31.
The cancelled local trains include Guwahati-Dibrugarh intercity express, Guwahati-Jorhat Jan Shatabdi, Guwahati-Ledo intercity express, Guwahati-Silchar special and Alipurduar-Lumding intercity express.
The cancelled trains are of low capacity, and alternative trains are available. Full refund is being given for all the cancelled trains.
- 26,964 new COVID-19 cases in India, active load lowest in 186 days
- Meghalaya: Man kills wife, then self, 6-month-old baby found alive
- Assam reports six more fatalities, 441 new COVID cases
- Zee Entertainment, Sony India to merge; Punit Goenka to lead
- Assam: ‘Cattle smuggler’ killed, BSF jawan hurt in gunfight along Indo-Bangla border
- WHO chief thanks India for decision to resume COVID-19 vaccine export