Aizawl: Mumbai-based low-cost airline GoAir has issued an apology over their plan to cancel all flights to Mizoram’s Lengpui Airport in Aizawl over , saying all regular flights will be resumed.
A notice was issued on March 17 by GoAir where they stated that all flights to Lengpui Airport will be suspended for 28 days from March 18 to April15, 2020.
The statement issued by GoAir created panic among citizens who had since then requested them to resume their normal flights.
In compliance with citizens’ request, GoAir will resume their normal flights between Kolkata-Aizawl, Aizawl-Guwahati, Guwahati-Aizawl and Aizawl-Kolkata at normal timings.
Earlier, the budget carrier carrier GoAir had suspended its operations for 28 days in some northeastern states in view of coronavirus scare and ensuing travel restrictions
The airline had earlier said that it will suspend operations for 28 days effective Thursday (March 19) on the Aizawl-Kolkata-Guwahati-Imphal route as a preventive measure, said Mizoram government’s principal consultant for civil aviation.
- IMA president: Lawsuit over Ayurveda remarks ‘design to harass doctors’
- Rotary International President pays goodwill visit to PM Modi
- Delta variant challenges China’s costly lockdown strategy
- Global COVID-19 cases could exceed 200 million by next week: WHO
- Drug trafficker shot at in another police encounter in Assam
- Arunachal Pradesh reports 319 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths