Guwahati: In order to avoid the risk of spreading coronavirus, the Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) on Tuesday issued a circular directing to stop the use of biometric attendance system with immediate effect.
The notification comes at a time when the total number of coronavirus cases in India climbed to 126, with three deaths so far.
As a precautionary measure, all the branches/zones/divisions under GMC have been directed to stop the use of biometric attendance system till March 31.
Meanwhile, “during this period, the attendance may be marked manually in the official registers and maintained by the branch officers,” said the GMC circular.
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle