Aizawl: Retaining its political wave, the ruling Mizo National Front (MNF) has swept the village councils polls and bypolls in Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC) and Lai Autonomous District Council (LADC) by winning 373 seats out of 517, election officials said on Sunday.
Election to 88 village councils in CADC and bypolls to a village council in LADC was successfully held on Friday.
Of the 516 seats in CADC, the MNF bagged 371 and came out victory in 65 villages, while the BJP emerged victorious in 16 villages by winning 115 seats to stand second after MNF, officials said.
The opposition Congress bagged only two seats while 27 independent candidates were declared elected, they said.
There was no absolute majority in four village councils in the CADC.
While the voter turn out in CADC polls was 86.51 per cent, it was only 62.25 per cent in the bypolls at LADC which was won by the MNF.
- Bharat Biotech awaits feedback from WHO for Covaxin EUL
- Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as 20th governor of Nagaland
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along