Dimapur: As a preventive measure to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the state government on Monday has taken the decision to suspend the practice of Adhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System in all the state government offices and Nagaland Civil Secretariat with immediate effect.
An order, passed by the Nagaland Home Department, stated, “As a part of the preventive measure to stop the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the marking of Biometric attendance-based on Adhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System (AeBAS) is hereby suspended with immediate effect in all the state government offices and Nagaland Civil Secratrait till further notice.”
The order further directed all the AHoDs and the HoDs to take immediate steps to ensure that the employees mark their attendance in the attendance register as being done earlier during the period the bio-metric attendance is suspended.
The state government also declared that all educational institution would remain closed from March 17 till April 12 as a preventive measure to stop the spread of Coronavirus in the state. The decision was taken after a high-level meeting was held in the state capital Kohima.
- HC refuses bail to Yes Bank founder Rana Kapoor’s wife, daughters in corruption case
- Watch: Assam faces drought, but state farmers receive no support
- Meghalaya netizens beware! Cops issue KBC Lottery fraud alert
- Navjot Sidhu resigns as Punjab Congress chief, triggers crisis in party
- How remote Dimapur airstrip gave wings to fledgling Bangladesh Air Force
- Govt dissolves OFB, transfers employees and assets to 7 PSUs