Imphal: One suspected cadre of Zeliangrong United Front (Kamson) (ZUF-K) faction was reportedly killed during a gun battle between the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) and the Manipur-based insurgent group in Tamenglong district in Manipur on Thursday, sources said. However, no other injury was reported.
As per reports, the incident happened at around 7:30 am at Longchai village under Tousem sub-division near Manipur-Assam border, which is around 70-km away from the district headquarters.
The slain suspected cadre of ZUF-K has been identified as 31-year-old Kadining Golmei s/o of Kanamthuanpou of Pungsanmai (Chingmei Kabui), Khoupum.
Police have rushed to the area and recovered an AK-56 rifle and ammunition from the site, the report said.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation