Imphal: One suspected cadre of Zeliangrong United Front (Kamson) (ZUF-K) faction was reportedly killed during a gun battle between the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) and the Manipur-based insurgent group in Tamenglong district in Manipur on Thursday, sources said. However, no other injury was reported.
As per reports, the incident happened at around 7:30 am at Longchai village under Tousem sub-division near Manipur-Assam border, which is around 70-km away from the district headquarters.
The slain suspected cadre of ZUF-K has been identified as 31-year-old Kadining Golmei s/o of Kanamthuanpou of Pungsanmai (Chingmei Kabui), Khoupum.
Police have rushed to the area and recovered an AK-56 rifle and ammunition from the site, the report said.
- Sikkim: Ruling SKM protests SC’s ‘Nepali immigrant’ verdict
- Tripura polls: BJP’s key poll plank will be development, says Assam CM
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination
- Security beefed up in poll-bound Tripura on last day of filing nomination