Coronavirus now a notified disaster in India
Union govt decides to treat COVID-19 aka coronavirus as a notified ‘disaster’, announces Rs 4 lakh ex gratia to the family of coronavirus victims.
Total no. of positive cases of coronavirus in India now stands at 84
Of the total 84 positive cases of coronavirus aka COVID-19 in the country, 10 people have fully recovered and have been discharged. Contact tracing of these cases has led to the identification of over 4,000 people who have been put under surveillance, says Sanjeeva Kumar, special secretary (health), Union health ministry.
Guidelines for home quarantine:
Dos and Don’ts (Courtesy: Union ministry of health and family welfare):
Information on India’s second death due to coronavirus:
COVID-19 suspected patients go ‘missing’
Several news reports suggest that suspected patients of coronavirus are on the run or untraceable:
* The wife of a Bengaluru-based employee, who tested positive for coronavirus, was also found to be infected. She was kept in isolation, however, she left without informing and travelled to New Delhi via flight, and then to Agra.
* 5 suspected patients escape Nagpur hospital
* Punjab government informed that 335 passengers with travel history to coronavirus-affected countries are untraceable
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing