Guwahati: Senior journalist Ajit Bhuyan, the consensus candidate for Congress and All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) in the upcoming Rajya Sabha polls, filed his nominations papers at Assam Legislative Assembly on Friday.
Rajya Sabha elections will take place on March 26.
Bhuyan was accompanied by the former chief minister and veteran Cong leader Tarun Gogoi, Assam Pradesh Congress Committee president Ripun Bora and AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal, along with other party leaders.
Informing about the same, Bora tweeted, “Led the team of Congress, AIUDF with our joint candidate Ajit Kumar Bhuyan for the #RajyaSabha Election & filed nomination papers today along with @tarun_gogoi, @BadruddinAjmal, CPIM, CPI, number of Intellectuals, Eminent Journalists, Civil Society Organisers,Artists,Writers etc.”
The senior journalist has been actively vocal against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) which was one of the most important pre-requisites for the common candidate for Cong-AIUDF.
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor