Guwahati: Ahead of Rajya Sabha elections in the state, Indian National Congress has appointed lawmaker Wazed Ali Choudhury as Assam Pradesh Congress Committee vice-president.
Choudhury is the MLA from Salmara South constituency.
According to reports, apart from Choudhury, APCC president Ripun Bora appointed four new general secretaries: Marian MLA Rupjyoti Kurmi, Sarupathar MLA Roselina Tirkey, Goalpara East MLA AK Rasheed Alam and Sarukhetri MLA Jakir Hussain Sikdar.
The office bearers have been requested to take charge effective immediately and the allocation of work will be notified separately to each of them.
- Churachandpur residents arrested in Mizoram drug bust
- ‘The Creator’ looks and sounds brilliant but lacks everything else
- Sikkim: Citizen Action Party proposes ‘peace’ with SKM on Gandhi Jayanti
- Interview: Kenny Basumatary’s journey from ‘Local Kung Fu’ to ‘Jawan’
- Police Bust Illegal Cough Syrup Factory in Meghalaya
- Arunachal: ULFA-I cadres surrender to Assam Rifles, weapons handed over