Guwahati: Ahead of Rajya Sabha elections in the state, Indian National Congress has appointed lawmaker Wazed Ali Choudhury as Assam Pradesh Congress Committee vice-president.
Choudhury is the MLA from Salmara South constituency.
According to reports, apart from Choudhury, APCC president Ripun Bora appointed four new general secretaries: Marian MLA Rupjyoti Kurmi, Sarupathar MLA Roselina Tirkey, Goalpara East MLA AK Rasheed Alam and Sarukhetri MLA Jakir Hussain Sikdar.
The office bearers have been requested to take charge effective immediately and the allocation of work will be notified separately to each of them.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19