Guwahati: Assuring the masses that there is no need to panic amidst the global coronavirus pandemic, minister of state for health and family welfare Pijush Hazarika on Thursday informed that so far not a single person in Assam has been tested positive for the novel virus.
Hazarika informed that the state health department has quarantined 741 people so far. Nine people were tested for coronavirus, but fortunately, all tests came back negative.
Also, 48 beds across six medical colleges in the state have been earmarked for isolation and at least two beds in all district civil hospitals have been readied.
Hazarika reiterated that the state is extremely careful and ready to prevent and protect the people from COVID-19.
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor
- Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 dates announced. Check details
- All rural Nagaland households to get tap water by March 2023: Minister