New Delhi: Oscar award-winning actor Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson have tested positive for coronavirus amidst its global outbreak, becoming the first US celebrity couple to be infected with the deadly virus.
The actor took to Twitter to inform about the development. The husband-wife duo were in Australia to begin filming an upcoming movie about Elvis Presley when they observed some symptoms and got tested. Later, they were found positive for coronavirus.
He said, “Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We’ll keep the world posted and updated.”
The couple is now in isolation in Gold Coast hospital.
The news comes at a time when the trailer of the 63-year-old actor’s next film, Greyhound, was released earlier in March.
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion