Guwahati: The Assam State Election Commission on Tuesday announced the date of Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) election. As per the schedule, while the elections will be held on April 4, with voting taking place from 8 am to 4 pm, the results will be announced on April 8, an official statement said.
While the last date for filing nominations is March 18, the last date for withdrawal of candidature is March 21.
The term of the existing General Council of BTC expires on April 27.
“As the term of the General Council of Bodoland Territorial Council is going to expire on27h Apn, 2020, the Assam State Election Commission calls upon the electors of the 40 Bodoland Temitorial Coturcil Constituencies to elect members to constitute a new Gerreral Council of the BTC,” a statement issued by Assam State Election Commission said.
The deputy commissioners and sub-divisional officers (C) of Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) will issue notice of election in the required format. The Election Commission has released the election schedule as well.
The elections this time would be an interesting one as it would be held in the backdrop of the signing of the third Bodo peace accord and several NDFB leaders contesting the polls.
- Nagaland Congress to launch crusade against state govt
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation
- 11 months on, mother-daughter duo in Bangladesh jail after crossing border to see tantric
- Yuvraj Singh’s NGO installs 50 CCU beds at Assam hospital
- UK begins COVID-19 vaccine rollout for schoolchildren