Shillong: Following the outbreak of coronavirus across the country, Meghalaya health minister AL Hek informed that the state is prepared with all necessary equipments and isolation wards.
While addressing the media on Friday, Hek informed that screenings at the airport are carried out but no screenings are done for roadways or on highways.
When asked what precautionary measures the state is taking during this outbreak, Hek said, “We have already taken precautions at the airport. We have informed the Airport Authority of India to screen all the passengers particularly coming from overseas. And also personal protection equipments have been ready from the state government. And also masks are ready for any incidents.”
He further added that sufficient masks are ready and isolation wards have been setup at Nazareth hospital and NEIGRIHMS.
Meanwhile, no cases have been reported so far in Meghalaya. The government has ensured that if any person shows any symptoms of Coronavirus, he/she must immediately report to the nearest hospital.
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion
- Watch: BTS live at the United Nations General Assembly