Shillong: Amid the prevailing law-and-order situation in Meghalaya, the police on Thursday made an appeal to all the citizens of the state and users of social media to refrain from circulating false information or hateful messages.
In its statement, the Meghalaya police said, “In view of the prevailing law and order scenario in East Khasi Hills District, many sections of the society were affected, including students who had to appear for various Board exams, vendors, businessmen, daily wage workers, infirm who were in need of immediate medical assistance and various other citizens of the state.”
The police further added that cases were registered during the unrest which subsisted in the past few days, and some of the important cases have been transferred to the Crime Investigation Department (CID) of the state, to cause further investigation.
“Lastly, in our endeavours to ensure peace and tranquility prevails in the state, we humbly appeal to all the citizens of the state and to avid users of various social media platforms, to kindly avoid from circulating wrong information or hateful messages which will incite or breach communal harmony or create fear psychosis in the state,” read the statement.
The curfew has been relaxed all over Shillong city on Thursday, except certain areas curfew has been relaxed and re-imposed. On Thursday the mobile internet services were restored in all the districts of Meghalaya.
- Budget’s main focus is growth; Mumbai should be liking proposals: FM
- India’s macro fundamentals not affected by Adani’s FPO withdrawal: FM
- Cancer treatment: Managing eating problems and nausea
- Pakistan blocks Wikipedia for ‘not removing blasphemous content’
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework