Guwahati: A special desk of Invest India has been proposed for Northeast India, Union minister of state for Development of North-East Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh informed Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Invest India is the national investment promotion and facilitation agency of India. It focuses on sector-specific investor targeting and development of new partnerships to enable sustainable investments in India
Singh said the facilities proposed for Northeast region are information provision, targeting support, facilitation support, state training and capacity building, creation and structuring of state investment teams, advisory for states for their investment summits/roundtables, investors targeting support and website.
All these provisions will be enabled in close coordination with the state government.
The DoNER minister also noted on activities already undertaken in the region. He said a workshop on ‘Accelerating Investment and Industrial Development in the North East Region’ was organized at Guwahati on November 30 last year with participation of senior officers from all NE states, further, a team with Invest India has been identified to help with the activities of the desk, and a promotional website has been initiated. Also, a project has been undertaken to identify two-three most prominent industrial clusters in each of the eight NE states.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections