Passengers being screened at an airport
Passengers being screened at an airport|Representational image
NEWS

Coronavirus: 198 under lens; 19 under home quarantine in Nagaland

Health dept brushes off viral social media post that claims positive case of COVID-19 at Kohima district hospital; says state yet to encounter any suspect case so far

Medolenuo Ambrocia

Medolenuo Ambrocia

Kohima: While no positive case of Conoravirus (COVID-19) has been reported in the state till Wednesday, the directorate of health and family welfare notified that 198 travellers are under surveillance and 19 under home quarantine in Nagaland.

An official notification from principal director Dr Vizolie Suokhrie said that out of the 19 travellers who are under home quarantine, nine are out of quarantine. It added that no sample has been processed for testing as of 6 pm on March 4.

Brushing off a viral social media post which claimed that a positive case of COVID-19 was reported at Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK), the notification said that till date, “the state is yet to encounter any suspect case and send any sample for confirmation for COVID-19” and that it is “absolutely false”.

It further appealed the public to refrain from posting false and fabricated information in relation to COVID-19. Departmental helpline numbers 7005415243, 9856071745, 7005536953 are available 24x7 for any queries and verification, it said.

Taking to twitter, minster of health and family welfare S Pangyu Phom wrote: “Some rumors are spreading regarding admission of COVID19 patient in NHAK. Please stand verified that the news feed is absolutely false & baseless. The dept is monitoring the situation closely and shall inform the citizens on any developments.”

Meanwhile, deputy director and PRO of Integrated Disease Surveillance Programmme, Dr Nyan, told informed EastMojo that no samples were sent for testing as the persons under home quarantine showed no symptoms of the virus. He also said that as of March 3, 182 were under surveillance and 10 under home quarantine.

He further informed that the viral social media post which claimed that a woman was tested positive of COVID-19, has been reported to the state’s cyber crime. As reported earlier, a regular review is carried out by the chief secretary, health minister and the chief minister, and that the state public health emergency operation centre with command centre have been operating since January 28, with the screening of passengers at Dimapur airport which started on January 30.

For more such stories, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Activate Website Notifications to stay updated.

EastMojo
www.eastmojo.com