Aizawl: Mizoram governor PS Sreedharan Pillai has been conferred with a doctorate degree for his outstanding contribution towards literature, an official said on Sunday.
Pillai was awarded the prestigious honorary degree of DLitt by JJT University at its annual convocation held at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan on Friday, the official added.
JJT University chancellor Dr Vinod Tibrewalla conferred the honorary degree to the governor, he added.
Born at Venmony in Alappuzha district of Kerala to VG Sukumaran Nair and Bhavani Amma in December 1953, Pillai graduated in arts from NSS College, Pandalam. Later, he graduated in law from Government Law College, Calicut, in 1978.
He started his political career with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and became its state secretary in 1978.
Pillai held many posts in the BJP and was president of its Kerala unit from 2003 to 2006. In 2018, he was again appointed as the BJP state president.
Outside his political and professional career, Pillai is known to be a social activist and a prolific writer.
He has published about 105 books so far. His two books — one on ‘chess’ and the other on ‘Lakshadweep’ — were released recently at a function in Calicut in Kerala recently.
- Meghalaya Lottery September 21: Check Future Torrent Morning lottery result
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- NASA: Look out for this Corn, Barley, Fruit, Potato Harvest Moon
- Mizo nationalism our driving force: CM Zoramthanga
- 5 affordable smartwatches with Spo2 sensors ideal for COVID-19 times
- Raj Kundra walks out of Mumbai jail after bail in pornographic films case