Guwahati: GP Singh, Additional Director General of Police, Law and Order, on Friday lauded the traffic cops who fined a BLP MLA for violating traffic rules in Guwahati earlier this week.
Taking to Twitter, he posted a picture with Raj Kishore Das and Bishnu Borah, the two cops from Chandmari PS of the city. He wrote: “Complimented the traffic staff of chandmari PS for exemplary display of duty under trying circumstances. God bless @assampolice”
BJP legislator from Duliajan, Terash Gowalla, on Tuesday had parked his vehicle in a no-parking zone. When traffic officials clamped the MLA’s car, he reportedly tried to manhandle them. However, the officials stood their ground and fined the legislator for the traffic violation.
Along with the ADGP, netizens too vetted the traffic cops for performing their duty irrespective of political affiliations of the violator.
A Twitter user wrote, “The very fact that the act was appreciated (and not reprimanded) will go a long way in boosting the morale of the young officers.”
While another wrote, “Very good. No one is above law. When we hear harassing common people in the name of law, this police person showed his temperament very clear which is Rule for All.”
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31