Agartala: A Tripura Police officer was found hanging at East Agartala police station official residential quarters on Wednesday.
Speaking with reporters, West Tripura district Superintendent of Police Manik Lal Das said that the deceased Jayanta Baidya (34) was a sub-inspector posted in Ranirbazar police station and the family members found his body hanging.
“He was upset and might have been suffering from family issues prior to his death. We are yet to ascertain the reason behind his death. A case of unnatural death has been registered while the investigation in going on,” the SP said.
Reportedly, the mother of the deceased first saw the body hanging . The brother of the deceased informed the neighbours and the police later on.
Baidya was blessed with a baby boy hours before his demise on Wednesday and his wife was admitted in Agartala Government Medical College.
Jayanta was born at Baikhora in South Tripura district and he joined service in state police in the year 2012.
Sources from the police also informed that Baidya was under pressure following an internal inquiry against him on his alleged involvement with the contraband items trade.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art