Darjeeling: Mercury has dipped drastically in the Darjeeling hills in the past two days. Tourists who braved the early morning chill to head to Tiger Hill, widely known for its fascinating view of sunrise, were in for a treat, as it started to snow on Wednesday. Gradually, Jorebunglow, Ghoom, Batasey, Tin Mile and Rangbull which lie on the foothills of Tiger Hill also started to witness snowfall.
This winter, snow had eluded Darjeeling town and nearby region so far, but seems like Mother Nature decided to send some treat right in time for Losar, the Tibetan, Sherpa and Yolmo New Year, which is widely celebrated in Darjeeling and Sikkim region.
Snowfall has also been reported from other parts of Darjeeling such as Dhotrey, Rimbick and Sandakpu.
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients
- World Rhino Day 2021: Significance & slogans to save the rhinoceros
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials