Darjeeling: Mercury has dipped drastically in the Darjeeling hills in the past two days. Tourists who braved the early morning chill to head to Tiger Hill, widely known for its fascinating view of sunrise, were in for a treat, as it started to snow on Wednesday. Gradually, Jorebunglow, Ghoom, Batasey, Tin Mile and Rangbull which lie on the foothills of Tiger Hill also started to witness snowfall.
This winter, snow had eluded Darjeeling town and nearby region so far, but seems like Mother Nature decided to send some treat right in time for Losar, the Tibetan, Sherpa and Yolmo New Year, which is widely celebrated in Darjeeling and Sikkim region.
Snowfall has also been reported from other parts of Darjeeling such as Dhotrey, Rimbick and Sandakpu.
- PM urges global investors to explore Indian energy sector
- Budget a ‘silent strike’ on poor by Modi govt: Sonia Gandhi
- We want to diversify ties with India: Russian Ambassador Alipov
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal
- Soon, train passengers can order food via WhatsApp
- Italy-based Indian man held for impersonating Vice President