Diphu: In a major breakthrough, an Assam Police team from Karbi Anglong district on Wednesday apprehended a person with a stolen Toyota Fortuner vehicle from Dillai police-check post along Diphu-Manja road.
According to sources, the accused identified as Mohipal Singh, a resident of New Delhi’s Ashok Vihar, was nabbed by cops while he was fleeing to Dimapur via Dillai check-post with the stolen vehicle bearing registration number AS-01-DV-2330.
Significantly, the accused failed to produce the required documents to cops at the Dillai check post when he was asked for. Adding to it, the registration card produced by the accused mismatched the vehicles chassis numbers upon inspection and following which the cops upon suspicion took him to the police station.
Interestingly, the shocking incident came to light to police after they interrogated the accused and immediately after that he was arrested. The accused is currently lodged at a local police station and further investigations are on.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19