Shillong: Meghalaya defeated Manipur by 54 runs in the Women’s Senior One-Day Trophy cricket match in Puducherry on Monday.
Meghalaya were put into bat first and made 202/7 and Manipur were restricted to 148/6 in their 50 overs.
Purandare struck 14 fours in her 149-ball innings, contributing exactly half of Meghalaya’s runs, while a 16-run cameo from Riticia Nongbet off 12 deliveries at the tail of the innings propelled Meghalaya above the 200 mark.
Taking twitter to congratulate the team on their win, Meghalaya chief minister Congrad Sangma wrote: “Congratutalations to the #Meghalaya Women Cricket Team for defeating #Manipur at the Women’s Senior One-Day Trophy match in Puducherry yesterday.”
- Indonesia Open: Sindhu loses in semifinals
- #BlackHoleFriday: What are these extreme objects feasting on?
- India logs 8,318 new coronavirus infections
- Nagaland gears up for Hornbill festival from Dec 1
- Sikkim: 50 MBBS seats reserved for Sikkimese students at SMIMS
- A conspiracy: Kharge on 12 Meghalaya Cong MLAs joining TMC