Imphal: Following reports of a question paper leak of the Manipur board’s Class XI exam, one person has been arrested by in connection with the case.
The arrested individual has been identified as Moirangthem Sunderchand, a 33-year-old management staff of Dineshwori Higher Secondary School in Canchipur of Imphal West district.
As per reports, the accused was arrested by the cyber crime unit based on the complaint made by the Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur (COHSEM).
The papers which were leaked include Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Manipuri.
Following the report of the question paper leak, the Class XI examination was called off on February 19 by the state education board. The exam had begun on February 17, and was supposed to conclude on March 26.
So far, a fresh date for the ensuing Class XI board exam is yet to be announced, as per reports.
Interestingly, the sealed question paper package which was sent back by the school institutes after the council asked them to return the package in its original forms were found open in 10 schools, said the report.
The schools comprised of six private-run institutes and four government schools.
A three-member inquiry committee with school education director Th Kirankumar as chairman was constituted on February 19 to probe into the case, it said.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption