New Delhi: China is considering a rare move to postpone its annual Parliament session for the first time in decades, as the government attempts to contain an outbreak of the deadly coronavirus.
The session was scheduled to to be held in early March as the country grapples with the coronavirus outbreak that has claimed over 1,700 lives.
According to reports, the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC) will meet on February 24 to consider a delay of the annual meeting, which was planned to convene on March 5.
But amid the spread of the coronavirus, the NPC Standing Committee is to discuss postponing this year’s NPC plenary session.
The postponement is reportedly being contemplated as the coronavirus continued its virulent run, though officials say it is slowing down.
Many top officials who would normally attend the meeting are consumed with tackling the virus in their home regions.
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry
- Assam Jobs: KGBV Baksa announces teacher vacancies. Details here
- NASA restructures Human spaceflight unit as pvt space industry expands
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’