New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities have written to the four death row convicts in the Nirbhaya gangrape and murder case with regard to their last meeting with their families. The four convicts are to be hanged on March 3.
Out of the four convicts, Mukesh and Pawan have already met their families before the February 1 death warrant. Akshay and Vinay are yet to meet their families. Tihar jail authorities have asked them when they would like to meet their families, sources said.
During normal meetings, inmates meet their families through window, but when it is the last meeting, inmates are allowed face-to-face meeting with their families.
The Tihar Jail administration has also written a letter to the Uttar Pradesh Jail administration requesting them to send the hangman two days before March 3.
Meanwhile, jail authorities are keeping a close watch on Vinay after he attempted to hurt himself by banging his head against a wall in his cell on February 16.
The Patiala House Court on February 17 issued fresh death warrants against the four convicts while hearing a petition by the state and Nirbhaya’s parents.
The four were convicted for the brutal gang-rape and killing of a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus on the night of December 16, 2012, by six people including a juvenile in Delhi. The woman had died at a Singapore hospital a few days later.
- Manipur’s Bindyarani pips Assam’s Popy to take women’s 59kg gold
- Why has my cold dragged on so long? Could it be something more serious?
- India abstains on resolution vs Russia’s ‘illegal referenda’ in Ukraine
- Bharti Airtel launches 5G in 8 cities, to cover India by 2024
- Team India grapple with Bumrah riddle as it chases rare series win vs SA
- India condemns terror attack on education centre in Kabul