Kohima: Expressing serious concern over the alleged silence and inability of the state political parties to clearly take a stand on the Naga political settlement issue, the Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) has also demanded for additional Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha seats in the state of Nagaland as well as a bicameral legislature with the creation of a legislative council or upper house.
The grand old party also appealed the Centre to execute an early settlement keeping in mind the repeated assurances and promises made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the Nagas and to the nation on different occasions.
Also Read: Naga students’ body gives 7-day ultimatum to close liquor outlets
In a press release issued by the Congress party in Dimapur on Saturday, the party also demanded for economic package for development of Nagaland that has been “stunted by political strife and uncertainty”.
“The state unit of the Congress party also demand for rehabilitation and resettlement of Naga Political Group (NPG) cadres under ‘non-partisan state government’ in coordination with the government of India. The Nagaland state has sufficient safeguards under Article 371A, no other super imposition should be made to disturb or distort this provision. The idea of Pan Naga Hoho or any other bodies in the form of advisory council to the state of Nagaland are not acceptable without integration,” the Congress party demanded.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people