Baksa: The National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) has threatened to launch an agitation if the government fails to take initiative for immediate release of NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary from jail.
All the four fractions of the organisation have strongly condemned the arrest of Daimary. B Saoraigwra, leader of NDFB-S, said that they have set February 25 as the deadline to release their chief. He further added that he will boycott the peace accord celebration to be held in Udalguri on February 24.
The NDFB leaders also condemned the attack on BTC chief Hagrama Mohilary’s wife Swely Mohilary.
The leader further indicated that the NDFB leaders would contest the upcoming Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) elections as independent candidate. He said that all the NDFB cadres who have surrendered before the government laid down all their arms and ammunition as well.
Ranjan Daimary was given four weeks’ interim bail during which he visited Delhi and signed the Bodo Peace Accord. Daimary has been sent back to jail as his interim bail term ended on February 20.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation