Kohima: In a letter addressed to Nagaland chief secretary, T Mhabemo Yanthan, commissioner and secretary to the governor, notified that three officers from the directorate of school education (DoSE) were served show-cause notices by the department for “criminal and serious” offences.
The letter dated February 17 said that show-cause notices were served to three officers –, Dr Chubanungsang Imchen, joint director; Imtionen, junior education officer; and Y Daniel Lotha, junior education officer; DEO Wokha, for “commission of the offence of misappropriation of public money, fabrication of documents, cheating and criminal breach of trust, inflicting financial loss to the state exchequer”.
Terming the offences as “criminal and serious”, it said the “governor desires that the government may consider getting a criminal case registered and investigated”. It added that the Supreme Court has held that “criminal and departmental proceedings may run simultaneously”.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art