Imphal: The Board of Secondary Education Manipur (BOSEM) on Friday expelled 15 students for impersonation on the second day of the High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) examination (Class X Board examination) (science). According to a press release issued by BOSEM, FIR will be initiated against them.
The state board also expelled five students for copying, the release added.
The HSLC 2020 examinations in the state started on February 17 and will continue till March 5. A total of 38,664 candidates are appearing for the examination.
Of the 15 candidates against whom FIR for impersonation will be filed, four are from St Stephen Englis School, Hiyangthnag; two each from VM High School, Pallel Bazar, New Light Public School, Moijing, and Tangkhul Hundung High School. One candidate each from Tengnoupal High School, Tengnoupal; Sekmai Khumbi High School; Khoirom High School, Khoirom; Dolangkhunou High School, Senapati; and Nambashi High School, Ukhrul have also been expelled for impersonation, the press release said.
Among the candidates expelled for copying, two are from Pallel High School, Pallel; and one each from Emmanuel English School, Haipi; INA Memorial High School, Ukhatampak and Ideal High School, Pallel.
- Assam Assembly: Ruling, oppn members spar over Anganwadi centres
- Tripura: ‘Bangladeshi’, 2 from Assam held while crossing into India
- How an exhibition is helping revive Mizoram’s folktales
- Tripura LoP: BJP MLA’s chair should be washed with Ganga Jal
- Assam Assembly passes Budget for 2023-24
- MP: 12 killed as roof of well collapses at Indore temple