Kokrajhar: People from different sections of the society, especially students and civil society members, came to the streets in Assam’s Kokrajhar on Friday to vehemently condemn the attack on the wife, son and other family members of Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chairman Hagrama Mohilary by miscreants on Thursday night.
Expressing serious concern over the issue, a section of the people who gathered in the town to raise their voice against the incident, also criticised the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) for the incident.
Meanwhile, sensation prevails in the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) of Assam as Sewly Mohilary, wife of Hagrama Mohilary, sustained injuries following the incident on Friday.
The incident took place at 5.30 pm on Thursday, while Sewly Mohilary, her son and other members of the family were returning to Kokrajhar after visiting Ultapani Shivadham along the India-Bhutan border area in Kokrajhar district.
It is said that a group of 10-15 miscreants started pelting stones targeting the vehicle, in which Sewly and her son were travelling, on the main road of Ultapani-Bishmuri at Ultapani. An FIR has already been lodged with the police against the incident.
Talking to media persons, Sewly demanded the authorities concerned to take stringent action against the guilty. She also termed the incident an attempt to target her family members.
Meanwhile all senior police officials of the BTC administration, including Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) IGP Anurag Agarwal and SP Rajen Singh, visited Mohilary’s residence in Debargaon on Thursday and took stock of the incident.
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma
- Ready to cook and bake with beer? Here are some of our favourite recipes
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war