Guwahati: Muzzammil Imam, brother of Sharjeel imam, has alleged that Sharjeel is being brought to Assam in a “secretive manner”. in a Facebook message posted just a few hours ago, Muzzammil has said that his family and counsel have not been informed that he is being taken to Assam.
“My brother Sharjeel Imam has been taken to Assam in a secretive manner without informing his counsels & family. We all are concerned about his safety & well being. He has nothing to hide & has been actively cooperating in the investigation,” the Facebook post said.
Also Read: Train delayed; Sharjeel Imam to reach Guwahati later today
A team of Assam Police personnel are bringing Sharjeel to Assam in connection with the case registered against him by Assam government for his seditious comments like “Assam should be cut of from rest of India” during the anti-CAA protests held at Shaheen Bagh. Taking cognizance of the comment and after verifying the authenticity of the audio clip, Assam government registered a case against him.
Sharjeel will be produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate of Kamrup soon after he reaches Guwahati. He is being brought by train.
The former JNU student was arrested from Jehanabad in Bihar on January 28.
He was handed over to the Assam Police team who has been in New Delhi for the past few days, by the Patiala House court on Wednesday.
- Stringent action if anyone found guilty for train accident: PM Modi
- India matching up to China’s infra capabilities on LAC: DG BRO
- Meghalaya: CM meets Garo Hills NGOs over roster system
- Shillong, Tura residents take steps to clean cities as part of World Env. Day
- Dev. not at cost of environment: Arunachal Forest minister
- Can stories of kindness negate the negative effects of looking at bad news?