Itanagar: Several student and youth organisations on Thursday staged demonstrations against the visit of Union home minister Amit Shah who is in Arunachal Pradesh to take part in the 34th Statehood Day celebrations on Thursday.
The home minister is on a visit to the state as the chief guest and is taking part in the festivities at Indira Gandhi Park in Itanagar.
As per reports, the dharna is being staged to “demonstrate abomination towards the egocentric decision of implementing CAA, 2019, thereby hurting the sentiments of indigenous people and atrocious handling of protestors of various universities during anti-CAA protests”.
Banners like ‘Mota Bhai, go back’, ‘Respect Preamble’, ‘No need CAA’ were displayed by protesters amid the heavy presence of security personnel in front of Mithun Gate in Itanagar.
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’