Agartala: In a horrific road accident, three people lost their lives when a Mahindra Commander jeep fell into a 90-ft gorge on the Kanpui-Bhandaria road under Kanchanpur subdivision in North Tripura district on Monday evening.
Speaking with reporters, an on-duty police officer said that they received information about an accident and rushed to the spot and rescued the people from there.
“The jeep fell into 90-ft deep into the gorge. Two persons died in the spot, while one succumbed to injuries in Anandabazar hospital,” the police officer added.
The deceased were identified as Japana Reang (70), Pasarai Renag (3), Parima Reang (60). All of them were residents of neighbouring Mizoram. Several others were injured and are currently undergoing treatment in the hospital.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art