Guwahati: The ruling Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) has released its first list of 15 candidates on Monday, for the upcoming elections to Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) slated for April 2021.
The party has dropped existing BTC executive member Alindra Mushahary from Rowta constituency in Ulalguri district from the list.
The candidates are: Hagrama Mohilary (Debargaon), Kampa Borgoyary (Chirang Duar), Rajib Brahma (Banargaon), Doneswar Goyary (Baukhungri), Mrityunjay Narzary (Saraibil), Lwmsrao Daimary (Kwirabari), Bijit Gwra Narzary (Darangamela), Ansumwi Khunggur Boro (Mushalpur), Jagadish Sarkar (Mudwibari), Shyam Sundi (Pasnoi Serfang), Tridip Daimary (Harisinha), Nerswn Boro (Bhergaon), Bonjar Daimary (Khaling Duar), Maheswar Basumatary (Goreswar) and Munmun Brahma (Parbatjhora).
Munmum Brahma is the new face to contest from Parbatjhora constituency. The list was released after the central executive meeting of the party at Bathow complex by the BPF president.
Claiming that his party is getting 35 seats in the BTC elections, Hagrama Mohilary said that the alliance with the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) will continue.
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre