Guwahati: A team of Assam Police on Wednesday seized a large quantity of cannabis from an oil tanker at Changsari locality of North Guwahati under Kamrup (Rural) district.
As per sources, the police team after receiving specific inputs about an oil tanker smuggling a huge amount of cannabis from Manipur to Bihar via Meghalaya conducted a routing check drive on National Highway number 31, following which they made the major seizure.
Police sources informed that they seized approximately 600 kg of cannabis worth Rs 1 crore from the oil tanker bearing a registration number NL-02-B-3625.
Meanwhile, the police have arrested three persons in connection to the huge seizure, including the driver of the oil tanker, Santosh Kumar, and handyman Mithilesh Kumar and they are being interrogated for more details.
- Modi dials Mamata, assures all help to mitigate flood situation in Bengal
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Lovlina: Disappointed, ‘will celebrate Olympic bronze with vacation’
- Ruckus in Assam assembly over boundary clashes with Mizoram
- Tripura: BSF jawan dies by suicide in Khowai district
- Tokyo: Greek swimmers ruled out after COVID-19 cases