Guwahati: Assam Police during a routine check on Tuesday seized a huge quantity of contraband items from Latasil locality of Guwahati city.
As per sources, cops from Latasil Police Station seized nearly 600 bottles of Phensedyl cough syrup amounting to worth over Rs 1.50 lakh from Buraibari area while they were checking vehicles on routine duty.
Speaking to EastMojo, officer-in-charge of Latasil police station, Upen Kalita, informed that the miscreants were travelling by a Maruti Van vehicle with the huge quantity of banned items and upon noticing the police checking ahead in the road, they abandoned the consignment and immediately fled from the spot.
Kalita further revealed as the accused stopped the vehicle far ahead of the police checking, the cops couldn’t identify the miscreants.
He, however, said that police is investigating into the incident and CCTV footage from the spot are also examined to track the miscreants.
“So far there has been no arrest, but soon we will make a breakthrough into this case,” Kalita said
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created