Guwahati: A policeman in Assam’s Sivasagar district is winning the hearts of social media after a video of him distributing pens to the candidates of Class XII Board (Higher Secondary) examinations and wishing them luck did the rounds on Wednesday.
The heart-warming video has since then gone viral. Check out the video here:
As seen in the video, the cop — identified as Ratul Gogoi from Sivasagar by a news portal, greeted the candidates with pens as this year’s crucial Higher Secondary (HS) exams started from Wednesday.
According to reports, a total of 2,34,809 students is to appear for the 2020 HS exams across 722 centres in Assam. Of these 1,75,175 students from Arts stream, 40,588 from Science, 18,178 from Commerce and 868 students are to appear in the exams.
Meanwhile, the Class X Board exams — High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) exams or matriculation and the Assam High Madrassa (AHM) examinations 2020 — began on Monday.
A total of 3,58,446 students are taking the HSLC and AHM 2020 examinations across 860 centres in the state. Of these, 3,48,739 are appearing for the HSLC examination and 9,707 for the AHM examination.
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first
- Sri Lankan lynching in Pak: Over 800 booked under terrorism charges