Shillong: Amid the uproar over alleged stripping of James Sangma of his portfolio as home minister, brother and chief minister of Meghalaya Conrad K Sangma on Monday informed that no decision has been made as yet over the issue.
While speaking to the media, Sangma said, “Yes of course, there has been different discussions that has been taking place, and from our level there has been no decision in that line. It is not that we have decided that this thing should happen or so and so should be stripped from any portfolio.”
He further added that there are complications, there are discussions and issues that are coming up. And that at the government level and cabinet level as a coalition they are finding ways how to resolve these issues.
“I’m sure with proper discussion we will be able to find a solution and we will see how things come out in the future. We will continue to talk to our coalition partners. We will continue to talk to all the concerned and find a solution that will be most amicable and acceptable to all,” said the chief minister.
Earlier, the ministers of the MDA government showed discontentment over the government’s failure to curb illegal transportation of coal in the state.
Senior cabinet minister and BJP leader AL Hek had also mentioned that cabinet ministers have made it clear either to drop James Sangma from the cabinet or reshuffle the portfolios.
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu
- 2 spacetech startups get access to ISRO facilities to test rocket systems
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 18