Dibrugarh: With the participation of over 3,000 students from nearly 60 colleges are likely to participate in the four-day-long Dibrugarh University Youth Festival starting from February 11 at Gargaon College here.
Preparations are in full swing to host the much-awaited festival for the season 2019-2020 . Various events like singing competition, poem recitation, extempore speech, debate competition, quiz competition and other 42 cultural competitions will be taking place as part of the event.
The college authorities has already set up several venues to host the cultural and other competitions of the four-day fest. The celebration committee for the successful completion of the youth fest has already been formed with Sabyasachi Mahanta, principal of Gargaon College as president, assistant professor Dilip Deka and Jitu Saikia as conveners of the committee.
Altogether 22 sub-committees have also been formed with student union leaders, students, teachers, parents, representatives from civil society as its members.
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day