Kokrajhar: These BJP activists from Kokrajhar were seen following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ensuring cleanliness under the Swachhta Abhiyan to the T. Hundreds of activists got together on Saturday and started cleaning the Jangkhritai Pwthar, the venue where Prime Minister Modi addressed a huge gathering as part of celebrations to mark the signing of the historic the Boro Peace Accord on Friday.
The cleanliness drive was led by the president of Kokrajhar district unit of BJP, Bibhuti Borgoyary.
Borgoyary said, “over seven lakh people from different parts of Assam had attended the ceremony and took part in the celebrations. A lot of garbage, papers, paper cups, plates, water bottles have been thrown all around. We cannot leave the place like this, all littered and dirty. So we thought it is our duty to clean up and leave the ground clean”.
He further added that the BJP has been working for the people’s welfare and accordingly carried out the cleanliness drive at the celebration venue.
- Death and dying: how different cultures deal with grief, mourning
- PM to campaign for BJP in poll-bound Meghalaya
- Why it isn’t surprising when the pope says being gay ‘isn’t a crime’
- Space sector associations from Indo-Pacific join hands to explore new opportunities
- What effect will lunar new year have on COVID spread in China?
- US industry urges FM to simplify direct and indirect taxes in India