Guwahati: Conducting a search operation, a police team on Friday night nabbed a dreaded rhino poacher from Jakhalabandha area of Assam’s Nagaon district.
As per reports, the team of Assam police after receiving specific inputs about poaching activities at Kaziranga National Park, conducted a search operation in the area and successfully nabbed accused Pradip Mura from Harmoti village under Jakhalabandha Police station.
The police team also recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition, including one point 303rifle along with magazine and suppressor, eight round of live ammunition of point 303 rifle and one point 22 rifle along with a magazine from the possession of accused Pradip Mura.
Police sources further revealed that with all these arms and ammunition, the accused was planning to carry out poaching activities at Kaziranga National Park. Meanwhile, a case has been registered against Pradip and police is investigating in order to find out people who are involved with him.
Notably, the search operation was carried out under the leadership of deputy superintendent of Nagaon Police John Das accompanied by other police officials, including inspector in charge of Batadrava PS, Someswar Konwar and officer in charge of Jakhalabandha PS and its staff.
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’
- US to lift travel restrictions for fully vaccinated foreigners from Nov 8