Guwahati: An earthquake measuring 5 on the Richter scale shook Guwahati city on Saturday evening. Tremors were also felt in neighbouring Meghalaya and Bhutan. No casualties were reported. The epicentre was Abhayapuri in Assam’s Bongaigaon district.
As per Indian Meteorological Department authorities, the earthquake occurred at 18:17:03 IST with epicentre at 26.3 latitude North and 90.7 longitude East and depth of 10 kilometre at Abhayapuri in Assam’s Bongaigaon district.
As per sources, the tremor that hit the region lasted for nearly ten seconds.
Further details are awaited.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands