Imphal: Governor Najma Heptulla will address on the first day of the budget session of the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly at 11 am on February 14.
The budget session for the fiscal year 2020-2021, which will have 11 sittings, will last till February 28.
According to reports, the decision was taken after a meeting of the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) of the state Assembly was conducted by Speaker Yumnam Khemchand in presence of chief minister N Biren Singh and other members on Wednesday.
The meeting resolved not to have sittings on Saturday and Sunday, it said.
Speaking to EastMojo on Friday, Assembly joint director, Raju Yanglen, informed that soon after Governor’s address, a Motion of Thanks to the Governor’s address will be taken up by the two elected members, most probably from the state ruling government on the first day of the budget session and followed by obituary reference etc.
During the session, budget estimates of the financial year 2020-2021 will be tabled in the House by the chief minister N Biren Singh, the leader of the House and Supplementary Demands for grants 2019-2020, he said.
As per the report, a BAC Report 2019 will also be present by the members in the House on the opening day of the budget session.
On February 27, the second last day of the session, the House will discuss the Manipur Appropriation (No 1) Bill, the estimated budget for the year 2020-2021, it said.
Last year, deputy chief minister, Y Joykumar Singh, presented a budget estimate of Rs 14,636 crore for the year 2019-2020 for the state.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race